Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Hey Guys! So again no new movie, I am still finishing up Gossip Girl; got 2 more discs, so after the weekend and my birthday I will be back on track!

Last night, falling asleep I thought about my blog and was disappointed that I would have nothing to report. During my thought process I realized I had something to blog about: my night routine that always involves a movie! OK, so in order for me to fall asleep at night I need the TV or music on and since my Ipod is broken, the TV is my only option. Well, after Gossip Girl I got up, prepared it for a Netflix return, and put in my nightly movie. For the past few weeks that movie has been Harriet the Spy. Yes, I absolutely love that movie. It just makes me so happy falling asleep and I realized I only have 5 movies that I rotate between...Hook, Any Given Sunday, Harriet the Spy, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and A Little Princess.

So why those movies? Because they are comfort movies and I have probably seen them a 100 times. BTW, I am so intense with this that I even have
"rules" for movies I am able to fall asleep to...Never a cartoon..they are too bright for the screen. Never a comedy...they are too funny (exception:Ace Ventura:Pet Detective). Never a movie I haven't seen...Don't ever wanna wake up on the wrong part. Never a scary movie...possible nightmares. Never a suspense or thriller...too loud or again, possible nightmares of murder and violence. I already have intense, realistic dreams, I do not need some movie adding to that. therefore, only non-cartoon kid/family movies, sports movies, or slower dramas. Pretty legit right?

So if u ever sleep over; don't expect a wild ride! TTFN.

Ole Golly: The time has come, the walrus said...
Harriet M. Welsch: To talk of many things...
Ole Golly: Of shoes and ships and ceiling wax...
Harriet M. Welsch: Of cabbages and kings...
Ole Golly: And why the sea is boiling hot...
Harriet M. Welsch: And whether pigs have wings!
Ole Golly: Do you have any wings?
-Harriet the Spy (1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment