Friday, January 29, 2010

Long Overdue like a Library Book

Hey!! So I saw some great movies this past weekend, just haven't taken the time to really talk about them. I know thats been my pattern lately, but I guess I just had some other stuff on my mind...hey it happens right? So here ya go...

Star Wars:
Yeah, not my thing! Was a good movie, I guess...but it just confirmed that I am for sure not a Star Wars fan and will never be one. It was great to finally see the movie and watch all the characters that people have followed and talked about for soooooooooooo many years, so that was exciting....but I just don't plan on watching any other Star Wars...EVER!!!

Vertigo:
Definitely a film I had to see, but I did not like it at all. I am looking forward to seeing other Hitchcock, just that one did absolutely nothing for me. Hopefully I will better luck next film!!

Imitation Of Life:
Now that movie was added around Christmas when my mom bought me the movie, so I finally watched it on her behalf and I really loved it. It was so sad because this little girl who looked white, but had a black mother wanted to be white her whole life so she was passing. She practically killed her mother who died of a broken heart because her daughter was ashamed of her. It was such a heart-wrenching film, and hit close to home because I am going to have bi-racial children, so I do wonder about the struggles they will have. For example, will they play with the white dolls or black dolls? Its going to be a challenge, but I believe I will be the best black mom I could possibly be, esp if my child looks a little on the whiter side! LOL

Crimson Tide:
Soooooooooooooooooooo good!!! I loved, loved, loved this movie. I am so not into submarine/war movies, but you put Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman on a screen together and I will watch it! They were sooooo good and the movie just had all the right moves. It had me on the edge of my seat, upset, and excited to see how it was all going to play out. I am pretty sure I saw that movie back in the day, but not when I could really appreciate it! Great film!!

An Affair to Remember:
Possibly my favorite movie of the bunch. Amazing film, simply amazing!!! I loved it so much. In the beginning, I was like Eh..this movie is ok, but after they got off the boat and agreed to meet each other at the Empire State Bldg, I was like...oooh this is a movie now! And everything after that, with her accident and she not wanting him to know she was crippiled to the very ending when he finds out, oh so beautiful. This is the very reason why I am having so much fun watching these older films, because it's making me appreciate the films I love now. The films that take from these older films and make it their own and now its nice to see the original. I am so in love with these classics that watching all of them has been really exciting. Oh and did I mention, I balled my eyes out, yeah I haven't done that in a while with a film, but this one really hit me hard. And thanks Sky for the Sleepless in Seattle clip, that was classic, I was cracking up because that is how I described the film after seeing it. Check it out on youtube!! Oh and that was my first Cary Grant film...loved him!!!

So That was That weekend, now I have to discuss the following weekend, because this is long overdue!!! TTFN!!

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories... And we've already missed the spring!"
-An Affair to Remember (1957)

"May the Force Be With You"
-Star Wars (1977)

No comments:

Post a Comment