Friday, January 22, 2010

Weekend of Movies

Yeah, yeah, I know...its been a while and no I haven't been slacking off, just haven't felt inspired and besides www.sporcle.com takes over my life...Last weekend, starting Friday night, I watched 5 movies, 2 from "The List" and 3 newer movies. So here I go...

Terminator Salvation:
Didn't care for it. Was kinda confused and possibly I should have watched the third one, but I figured I would be OK since I watched Terminator 1 and 2. Christian Bale was cool, I kinda just wanted to watch it because it was a new release and I like action films, even though this one didn't do it for me. I was just kinda waiting for it to be over.

Fame:

Good and cute film. I enjoyed the singing mostly and there was some good acting by the older generation or actors. I didn't think the kids were the best actors, but they played their roles well if that makes any sense. I kinda want to watch the older one so I could compare the two films, but overall I enjoyed it.

I Can Do Bad All By Myself:

OK so best movie of the weekend and probably one of my favorites period. I enjoy Tyler Perry movies, but most of the time I just watch it and laugh or cry or whatever and that's that, but oh this one... It is definitely tied for first with The Family That Preys. I just had no clue that it was going to be this good, especially because it was very under-rated or possibly it came out around the wrong time with a whole host of good movies: I don't know because all I do know is that it was so freakin good. The acting was great, the music was amazing, the tears were a coming and the jaws were a laughing. I also love the fact that Madea was in half of the film and the rest of it was left to the other actors. I called my friend while she was at Target to buy it for me the same night I watched it and have seen it 3 times since. Good job Tyler Perry!

Cape Fear:

This film was creepy good. Robert DeNiro was an excellent psycho and he really freaked me out a little. I enjoyed all the acting and it was so suspenseful you didn't know what was gonna happen next and I am convinced he lived at the end. So two thumbs way up for that film.

It Happened One Night:

I really enjoyed this film. It was great from start to finish and that Clark Gable it such a heartthrob. I definitely see why it won the Academy Award! I am really, really enjoying these black and white films, they don't seem to bother me at all anymore. Guess I am maturing.

So that was last weekend and this weekend seems to be shaping out to be the same way. I got 4 movies at home waiting for me and a few others in my collection that I want to check out. So with that good rain, good movies, good food and hopefully good conversation... it should be a good weekend. TTFN!

"You're a sucker to go through with this. That guy Warne is OK. He didn't want the reward. All he asked for was $39.60, what he spent on you. Said it was a matter of principle. You took him for a ride. He loves you, Ellie. He told me so. You don't want to be married to a mug like Westley; I can buy him off for a pot of gold. And you can make an old man happy and you won't do so bad for yourself. If you change your mind, your car's waiting at the back gate"
-It Happened One Night (1934)


No comments:

Post a Comment