Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One of the Greatest Movies of All Time...Think Again!

Its seems that I may not have the same taste in films as others do...I say this because I watched Rocky last night for the first time and pretty much wanted to fall asleep. I thought it was a snooze-fest and pretty annoying. I am all for the underdog stories and people having their chance, but now that we have entered 2010, I have seen far better movies than this! My lil bro, a lover of movies and huge sports fan didn't care for it either. Blame it on our generation or whatever, but this movie had me feeling nothing but excited for it to finish so I could watch American Idol! I would have appreciated more boxing and it could have easily been just an hour and half instead of 2 hrs. I was not a fan, but I am happy I finally watched it. I feel satisfied in that sense. So I will not be watching anymore Rocky movies in the near future. TTFN!

"Yo, Adrian!"
-Rocky (1976)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I probably wouldn't have selected this film for you if it wasn't such a big movie. I would have picked Somebody Up There Likes me, with Paul Newman and Raging Bull of course. At least you have that one to look forward to. It's been called many things. Greatest film of the 80s, greatest boxing film, best Deniro performance. You'll be the judge

    ReplyDelete