Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What a Month so Far!

Can I just say...WOW!! I picked some darn good movies for January so far! I have loved every movie I have seen and still have like 14 more to go....
This past weekend I watched 3 movies and two out of the three were AMAZING!!!

First off, I loved 12 Angry men...what a film! The acting was superb, the story was powerful and it had you captivated from start to finish; just anticipating all 12 jurors to change their minds and at what moment. The scene that I loved so much was when that racist man was talking all kinds of nonsense and every single man stood up or ignored him. He felt so ashamed and so belittled..now that was a powerful scene. This film did well because their was such strong acting filmed in this small room, so they couldn't help but be good. I just loved this film!

Later in the weekend I watched Witness with Harrison Ford. Good, not great, but good. I liked the story line, only wished there was more action and drama. Good concept, but I have just seen better. I definitely do not like Danny Glover as a bad guy though.

The last film I saw deserves a blog all to itself, because it was that good! But oh man, I am loving so many of these films. I have been meaning to do a "Best of... blog, so watch for that soon!! Off to the next blog...TTFN!!

"It's always difficult to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And wherever you run into it, prejudice always obscures the truth. I don't really know what the truth is. I don't suppose anybody will ever really know. Nine of us now seem to feel that the defendant is innocent, but we're just gambling on probabilities - we may be wrong. We may be trying to let a guilty man go free, I don't know. Nobody really can. But we have a reasonable doubt, and that's something that's very valuable in our system. No jury can declare a man guilty unless it's SURE. We nine can't understand how you three are still so sure. Maybe you can tell us"
-12 Angry Men (1957)

No comments:

Post a Comment