Friday, January 22, 2010

You a Jerk, Do the Jerk...

Last night I got 5 movies from Netflix to get ready for the weekend and achieve my goal of 20 movies this month and I am well in my way. I opened up all the movies, like when you open presents on Christmas and have an idea of what you are getting, but still want to open all of them and be sure, well that's what I did and decided to watch The Jerk last nite. What a stupid, yet hilarious film. Just reading the summary I knew I wanted to watch it. The fact that he thought he was black, had me crackin up and the fact that he had no rhythm and when he found he set to discover the world. My favorite part was when he hit rock bottom and decided that he didn't need anything except the random stuff he kept picking up stuff around the house. Or when he thought the dog was a lifesaver. There were so many great parts int hat short film. It also reminded me a bit of Elf. Steve Martin is sooooooooooo freakin funny. I had no clue what I was in for when I selected it on my list for this month, but I enjoyed it. So I am super excited for my films this weekend and gearing up for Star Wars, since I have never seen one! TTFN.

"Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi."

"Don't call that dog "lifesaver;" call him "shithead."

"I'm not? You mean I'm gonna STAY this color?"
-The Jerk (1979)

1 comment:

  1. Funny stuff. I like the shooter who randomly selects The Jerk out of the phone book, to kill him. He gets mad when he can't get a clean shot, because The Jerk is running all over the place, thinking that the oil cans are exploding by themselves. The shooter, yells out in frustration, "God-damn random Son of a bitch!!" I love that line.

    ReplyDelete