Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Last Weekned of January and I Came up Short...

So this was the last weekend I had in January to watch a total of 20 films for the month and I was one short...I had Field of Dreams in my possession, had already started it another day, could have easily watched it Saturday or Sunday morning, but decided on Taken (which I love) instead! I am a lil disappointed in myself, but hey I saw 19 older films...that is one hell of an accomplishment. To round out the last, here ya go...
I saw True Romance Friday night and that film was pretty awesome. I read the summary and was like, oh this is going be good. You really can't go wrong with Tarantino and an all-star cast like Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Brad Pitt, Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Christopher Walken, Samuel L. Jackson, James Gandolfini, Chris Penn, Tom Sizemore and a few other actors that I really like. First off, I had no clue all those people were in it, but when I saw them on the credits, I was pretty excited and interested in the roles they were going to play. I was especially surprised by Brad Pitt as a pothead. He was sooooo funny and very believable.
I wasn't offended by any means, but this film raised my curiosity about Tarantino and his obsession with the word "Nigger" because I noticed he refers to it in several films. I read a lil about it on Google and then didn't really think about it too much. He is so great though and what I loved about this film, that it was violent, but not all the violence was shown and it had a happy ending for the "bad guys" and my boy Michael Rapaport didn't die..I love him!
On Saturday, the day I was supposed to watch my last two films I watched Hero. I really liked that one too! I thought Dustin Hoffman was great, but you couldn't help but feel sorry for him, especially after he was the true hero and no one would even fathom that idea. I loved Geena Davis and I wish I could see her in more films. I feel like after her TV show bombed she just disappeared and that makes me sad, cause she is a great actress. Hero, which is another film I saw a little of when I was younger was truly a great film. It had comedic elements, but also a lot more drama which I really enjoyed!
So that was the end of January. I did pretty good and saw soooooooooooooo many amazing films. I will discuss and lay out my February plan in the next posting. TTFN!!

"Hi. How are you? My name's Elliot, and I'm with the Cub Scouts of America. We're... we're selling uncut cocaine to get to the jamboree."
-True Romance (1993)

No comments:

Post a Comment