Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Someday My Prince Will Come

With all this focus on movies from "The List" and reaching my goal of 20 movies this month, I seem to have forgotten a great film that was very near and dear to my heart this month and I listed as one of my favorite films, even though I didn't give it enough respect to write about it...
The Princess and The Frog was the first Disney black Princess film and it was soooo good!! On a Saturday afternoon, my mommy came down to L.A. and took me to see the film. I was 24, but I felt like I was 7 years old going to see a Disney movie with my mommy. It was such a great film and had all the right elements of a classic Disney Film. To this day I still love Little Mermaid as my all time favorite film and I cannot wait until I have a little daughter that I take to see her first and hopefully favorite Disney movie.
I also loved during the film she wasn't a frog the whole time, nor was she human; it was a little bit of both. I loved the relationship she had with her best friend, man I just loved all of it!! The music, the singing, the acting and the storyline.
I am so sorry for not writing about you sooner, but I hope you know that I truly loved this film and can't wait until my mommy buys it for me on DVD to add to my collection. TTFN!!

"Daddy never got what he wanted... but he had what he NEEDED: love! He never gave that up, and neither will I!"
-The Princess and the Frog (2009)

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Princess and The Frog! :) I think I've seen it three times now and just might start watching it right now too. lol The Little Mermaid has always been my all time favorite Disney movie. I used to even have the tape with all the songs. I can't help singing along with the movie every time I see it. And yes I even sometimes put on Pandora and put in The Little Mermaid as my starter song. LOL. It's awesome to have two little kids that are just starting to watch all the Disney movies. No matter how many times we watch them I never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete