Monday, November 30, 2009

Epic!

Good morning and Happy post Turkey day!! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, as did I...So during this holiday long weekend, I planned to watch a lot of movies, but did not get around to it, however I did watch 2 very good movies.
After work, I came home, ate and cuddled up to watch Jacob's Ladder. It was a trip, good movie, good concept. I enjoyed the acting and how it just kept me on my toes. Tim Robbins was a delight to watch in a role like this.
And on Sunday I watched the mother of all classics...Schindler's List. What a powerful movie. I took 3+ hours out of my Sunday afternoon to really sit and watch such an epic film. I hated, hated, hated Ralph Fiennes in this movie, killing was such a sport to him and it disgusted me. Liam Neeson was amazing and what he did for the Jews...priceless. I must say, I wish I would have paid more attention in school learning about The Holocaust, because I think ultimately this is a film I must re-watch again so I could understand a bit more. I didn't cry, which I thought for sure I was going to, I guess for movies like this I need to just be totally in that mindset to cry, like very emotional. I normally cry during a movie when something just hits me or its an emotional time. Gosh, this was such a sad film, but I am so happy I finally watched it. There was no way I could have ever watched this at any other age but now.
So tonite, the end of November I must watch another film, I wish I had it in me to watch 2 more...but there is no way and plus Gossip Girl is on tonite and I am addicted to Brothers and Sisters, I mean that is what set me back from watching more films...TTFN!!

"It's Hebrew, it's from the Talmud. It says, "Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire."
Schindler's List (1993)

No comments:

Post a Comment