Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Last time I cried!

Alright, so last night was my last attempt to watch another November movie! My next post will have my summary of November and my December plan of attack, but before that lets discuss my last movie of November...
Since I was so determined to watch one or two more films(almost got through 2)...I decided on Terms Of Endearment!! OMG, this maybe one of my favorite films and yes...I cried!! Sure did, the ending was so sad, but man that was such an amazing film. The relationship between Shirley MacLaine and Debra Winger it was had me in tears, my mom is one of my best friends so I could relate! And a mother should never had to bury their child (sorry for those who never seen it), but seriously, that is one of the hardest things to do. I just loved their relationship! I swear on everything I have seen like 5 mins. of that movie before, but I see why it won the Academy Awards in 1983...stellar performances, stellar story line and just so touching. A true classic and tearjerker! And how could you not love Jack in this movie!!!
So...bye, bye November and Hello December!! TTFN!

"Don't worship me until I've earned it."
Shirley MacLaine in Terms of Endearment (1983)
"I know you like me. I know it. For the last year or two, you've been pretending like you hate me. I love you very much. I love you as much as I love anybody, as much as I love myself. And in a few years when I haven't been around to be on your tail about something or irritating you, you could... remember that time that I bought you the baseball glove when you thought we were too broke. You know? Or when I read you those stories? Or when I let you goof off instead of mowing the lawn? Lots of things like that. And you're gonna realize that you love me. And maybe you're gonna feel badly, because you never told me. But don't - I know that you love me. So don't ever do that to yourself, all right?"
Debra Winger in Terms of Endearment (1983)
**Too good for just one quote

No comments:

Post a Comment