Monday, December 14, 2009

On My Way!!

What a weekend, not the best, but hey I dealt with it! Finished Brothers and Sisters, that made me sad because I love that show, but I guess now I can continue to focus on the prize...200+ movies before my 25th birthday, I am on my way though!
So after a 3 hr long clean-up session, I had to get my home in order because it was a hot mess, I finally took a load off and watched An Officer and a Gentleman. Such a great film from beginning to end. I don't know if you guys know this but I can be a lil obsessed with time. Its very hard for me to watch a film without knowing the running time and sometimes thats how I decide what film I am going to watch and this movie pretty much won because it was the longest, so I figured watching it on Sunday would make sense right? So anyways, I normally glance at the time on the DVD player whenever watching a movie, however, with this movie the first time I glanced at the DVD player was at an hr and 21 mins, isn't that pretty cool. That just goes to show you how much I loved the film!!
Richard Gere was stellar and this was the second time I have seen Debra Winger and I think she was awesome and so cute, even though I still loved her better in Terms of Endearment. The ending was the best and this film had all the right stuff; drama, love, tears, laughter and just that overall good feeling. This is a true classic in my book. TTFN!!

"Don't you do it! Don't! You... I got nowhere else to go! I got nowhere else to g... I got nothin' else."
-An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you are enjoying your list a lot lately. I'm glad. It's not easy to make such a big list and pick the right films for another person. Movie tastes are so personal, even movie critics can't agree. So, there are bound to be hits and misses. Hopefully, when you are all done, you can pick some of your favorites to own. A collection as big as yours deserves to have some old classics, modern classics and near classics thrown in with some of your future classics and your other movies that are just plain fun to watch.

    Sky

    ReplyDelete