Friday, December 18, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

I know u guys missed me, well Sky and Marques because I am sure you are the only 2 people that actually still follow me! I think the world should follow me cause I got some stuff to say and I love movies, yes I do!! So much that I watched 2 last nite, (on a school nite..I know) and I watched one the other night, just haven't been able to discuss it because my computer was getting that good ole' Microsoft 7 upgrade! Now I am back and ready to chat...
The other night, I received a very nice present from a new friend (a bed frame) and decided to attack it alone for about 3 hours then watch On the Waterfront. I have had this movie for about a week and a half and I guess just looking for the right time to watch it, don't know why this day was ,but it happened and still not so sure about the movie. I again loved Marlon Brando, but the movie was a little better than OK, but not amazing and wonderful and all the other adjectives I have used. So I chalked that one up as " I was too tired to enjoy it type of movie."
Well that very same night, I guess somewhere I decided that I was no longer tired, although I was really tired, but maybe after On the Waterfront it was like 9pm and in my mind that was too early, so I attempted to watch Say Anything, especially because it was only an hr and 36 mins so I figured I would be in the bed before midnight. Anyways, I never got through the movie because the DVD kept skipping. That sucks huh? Yeah I got to the 18 min. mark and it skipped, so I fast forward about 5 mins, attempted to watch it, got through it, and skipped again like 4 times. I later cut it off and the next day reported a problem to Netflix, they shipped another copy and I finished watching it last night!
Say Anything was a good film, I loved John Cusack as a younger actor, although I think he is a lot cuter now. It was also cool seeing Joan Cusack play his sister in the movie, I just love her! I thought it was a really well made film, kinda your typical 80"s film too, but from beginning to end i fully enjoyed it. what was cool too was that it actually wasn't that predictable and the ending was fun!
Lastly, after Say Anything I finally watched National Lampoon's Vacation. That movie was a long time coming because for so much of my childhood I heard references to that movie from my parents. Parts like the stirring of the Kool-Aid and Walley World. So of course that movie was good and super funny. I loved it and I was so close to watching National Lampoon's Christmas, but was too tired! Next week for sure.
Speaking of next week, I am taking a few days off to relax and have a 2 day Christmas movie marathon. I have over 15 Christmas movies that I need to crack open, if I can I will start this Sunday!! I love movies and I love Christmas and putting them together...well I can't think of a better pastime. TTFN!

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am"
-On the Waterfront (1954)

No comments:

Post a Comment