Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

OMG, my favorite month is here, seriously this is the best month ever. Its just such a great time for family, friends, laughter and happiness. Its like nothing can go wrong in December...like the Christmas spirit just makes everything OK. When you go outside, everything just seems a littler brighter and the world seems a little nicer!! I love this month. I love the holidays and I love movies!! And since I love movies, this month my goal is to watch 25 and I think that is possible!! Maybe not 25 from the "The List" but overall 25 movies, esp because its the holidays, so I will have more days off...I gotta watch some Blockbuster hits in the theaters and classic Christmas movies...so 25 is realistic don't ya think? Well, you will be happy to know that November so far what my strongest month of movies!! I watched a total of 19 films/TV DVD's, 13 of which were from "The List." They are as follows: Chinatown, Dirty Harry, Do the Right Thing, Jacob's Ladder, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, October Sky, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Schindler's List, Sophie's Choice, Terms of Endearment, The Princess Bride, The Silence of the Lambs, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
And the other films and or TV on DVD were lots of Brothers & Sisters, The Mentalist Precious, The Ugly Truth, GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra and Star Trek.
What a month right? I wanted to watch 18 just off "The List", but sometimes that is just not possible, I mean with my addiction of Brothers & Sisters and The Mentalist it makes it a tad bit impossible. Luckily for me I only have 3 more discs of Brothers & Sisters and Season 1 of Private Practice only has 9 episodes, after that all my time will be devoted to films.
Speaking of films, I have decided to watch 2 films from half the genres including 1 from the Yahoo movie section on my list (so 7/14 genres+1 Yahoo=15 films minimum) Possibly more from the Family genre because it is December and a minimum of 2 of those overall films have to Best Picture Academy Award winners. Intense, I know, but of course nothing is set in stone; that is just my goal and it sounds good in my head! Yeah, I know that's deep, but I do well with structure and it makes it easier for me to reach my goals instead of super random picking. So you can see my updated list on the right-hand side; right where I left it!
Also, this month is open season where I am allowed some changes, such as taking films off and if I add one, a movie must be taken off, I cannot possibly add anymore without taking some away, so if you have any suggestions I can email my list upon request...the deadline is December 31st 11:59pm.
And the results are in:80/273...December here I come...go hard or go home!!! TTFN!
***(Editors note: Before starting this blog, I checked off that I have seen Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs..since that was when I was super young, I decided that it should not be included, therefore my numbers were off in the beginning and the 80/273 movies watched are correct.)

November Favorite: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Terms of Endearment.
November Non List Favorite: G.I.Joe and Precious.
November least favorite: Monty Python and the Holy Grail

November Favorite Quote:
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not!
You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it."
-One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

No comments:

Post a Comment