Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Almost There...

So this wknd, I did a little catching up! Between this weekend and Monday I saw 3 movies..I know just three, but I also watched 3 shows on DVD which translates into 11 episodes which translates into about 91/2-10 hrs of time I could have been watching some more DVD's...oh well! I still have complete confidence that I will achieve me goal...
So first off, I finally watched Sophie's Choice. Good film, bu didn't make me cry. I actually fell asleep in the last 20 mins., then had to wake up when I heard someone screaming and good thing I did because that was the best part of the whole film. That was the part when Sophie had to "choose." Definitely sad, but I was ready to cry, I mean like grab a tissue type of crying because it was listed as a tearjerker and I feel like so many people cry after watching this film. Since I was a tad bit confused, esp when it jumped to her past, thats probably why I wasn't filled with so much emotion. Meryl Streep was stellar!
Next, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs!! Soooo good, well of course, I have seen it when I was younger, but there were so many parts I didn't remember. I have to say it was much sadder than I remember. I mean I know she ends up living in the end, but the fact that there was a funeral and all made me so sad. I was like, wow...Snow White is a deep and sad film, but loved it and is a true classic!
Lastly, on Monday I decided to play a lil hooky and I watched The Princess Bride! That was such a cute film that had all the elements of a classic. Good actors, humor, happy ending and true love. Who doesn't want true love right? It was so much fun seeing Mandy Patinkin from Criminal Minds as a Spaniard fighter avenging his father's death...that was classic! I love feel good films and that was definitely one!!
I have to say I saw a good lil run of films and have about 3 more coming this week, hopefully before the 30th I can knock out more than last month..I was supposed to watch 18 this month, but I highly doubt that will happen!!
I will probably not watch another film before Thanksgiving, but tomorrow expect an extra special blog!! TTFN!!
"Inconceivable!"
-The Princess Bride (1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment